8 May 2007

Not all MP's are flaming idiots, but this one is.

Maori Party co-leader Tariana Turia said that while a lot of gangs were involved in bad behaviour, not all of them were criminals.

"I'm not excusing any of the behaviour, it is totally unacceptable, but just like I'm not prepared to say that the police are all rapists I am also not prepared to say that all gangs are criminals."

Nope, some gangs are nice to puppies and old people, never walk on the daffodils, work nights at Starbucks and go to church on Sundays.

A Tui billboard in the making.

3 comments:

Rick said...

What are you talking about? That's perfectly true, though awkward to interpret it seems to be saying that individual gang members are not all by virtue of this criminals.

Well: duh!

Max Firmin said...

I believe in giving the benefit of the doubt, even to TT, but what she said here was manifestly stupid. I'm sure she's aware that in order to get "patched", a prospective member has to commit an offense.

I'm prepared to wager that we could count the number of gang members who aren't criminals on the toes of one hand.

Rick said...

Interesting.