16 October 2008

The "Debate": Be Still My Beating Heart.

Will either of these two zombies be moved off their stump speeches?

Schieffer: subject is domstic policy (yawn: Obbi repeats welfare promise, McC will try to out-welfare him).

I hope McC calls Obbi on the tax breaks. They're what used to be called to welfare. I'll bet he doesn't.

McC goes first. Straight into stump speech. Fannie/Freddy. Will he name names? Frank, Dodd, Cox? No. Of course not. Back to the mortgage buyout. Yawn. Nothing new.

Obbi-wan: Straight into the stump speech. I wonder if there's anything on Animal Planet.

McC: Going after Obbi's exchange with the plumber in Ohio. McC is right, but just not making the case. He's doing the Palin thing..talking strtaight to the camera.

Obbi: Doesn't answer. No one will care. There he goes on the 95%. If McC doesn't jump on this he deserves to lose. Obbi is flat out lying about what he said to the plumber. Come on...it was only a couple of days ago...go to the video. I saw it myself.

Mc C: A little more animated. Joe the Plumber, Bob the Builder. Can we spend it, yes we can!

Obbi: First to mention Warren Buffett. Too early in my time zone to drink, but here's a virtual shot.

McC: Americans pay second highest taxes in the industrialised countries. Why raise them more?

Schiffer: What will you cut?
Obbi: doesn't answer, Schieffer dings him. Obbi says give me a minute. Line by line, page by page, cut programs that don't work. Uh-huh. We've never heard that before. Note to candidates: There is no such thing as a line item veto. Still no answer. I gotta see a man about a horse.

McC: I'll veto EVERY earmark. Every one? Come on.

Obbi: Still nothing specific. Big deficit, running against W. Here we go again.

McC: Finally calls Obbu on it. "If you wanted to run against President Bush, you should have run four years ago." Good line, wish he'd used it before.

Obbi is telling some outrageous porkies. "I'm for clean coal." "I opposed the trial lawyers on tort reform" "I opposed the teachers' unions on charter schools." None of that is true.

Leadership. Schiffer opens the door for McC to bring up Ayers/Wright/ACORN.
McC: Obama wouldn't face me early. Regret negative aspects. Skips Ayers, attacks John Lewis. Will Obbi repudiate JL? Goes after Obbi's flip-flops.

Obbo: "Nyah, nyah, I can't heeaaarrr you." Running against Bush again. Didn't repudiate Lewis. Nada.

McC: Sounds like he had his coffee this morning. No repudiation of Lewis, Obbi?

Obbi" I can't believe the Obbo gets away with calling black/white (was that racist?). He completely denies that Lewis was out of line. He's not going to talk about it. OK, Obbi himself has raised Ayers...

McC: He's pretty good now. Pissed off without getting murder in his eye.

Obbi: Can we change the subject please? What a spineless wanker this guy is.

McC: Finally. Ayers an "old washed-up terrorist" good combination of contempt and seriousness. Quotes Hillary.

Obbi: Talks about Ayers. I was eight years old. Barely no the guy.

Yeah, yeah and I wasn't born when Hitler was around, so can I be a Nazi?

Obbi: Acorn has nothing to do with us. Oh yeah? How about that quarter-mil.
Obbi is very clearly not happy talking about this. Looks shifty for the first time in the campaign.

Why Biden is better than Palin?

Obbi: Because he agrees with me. Right.
In the immortal words of Popeye the Sailor: Had all I can stands, I can't stands no more

No comments: